This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for birchgroupllc.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information, or personal data, is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
At any given time, we may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, IP or physical address, email address, phone number, or any other identifier that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact or locate you (“personal information”);
• That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and other usage details.
• We may collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us;
• Automatically when you access or use the Website; and/or • From third-parties, such as vendors or business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, including, but not limited to, information you provide at the time you create an account, sign up for newsletters, and/or at the time you contact us;
• Records and copies of your correspondence with us; and
• Your responses to surveys or questions from us that you complete.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you access and use the Website, we may use technology to automatically collect information to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, which may include:
• Location data;
• Length of time you visit our website;
• Page views, click-stream information, and referring URL and logs;
• The resources and devices that you access and use on or through the Website; and/or
• Information about your device and internet connection, such as the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, and network information.
The Website also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. Any such information which we may collect through automatic technological means will be aggregated as statistical data and will not include personal information (or will have personal identifiers removed).
Technologies Used for Information Collection and Tracking
We may use various technologies to collect information from your computer or device and about your activities on our website.
a. Information collected automatically. When you visit our Website, we may automatically collect information such as your IP address, device information, browser, internet connection speed, past web pages visited, and your link selections on our various website pages. This information may be used to: (1) manage and protect our websites, apps, products, services, and users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; and
(2) help us research, develop, and improve our websites, apps, products, and services. This type of information may also be aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous for business and marketing uses by us or by third parties.
b. Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies. When you access our Website, we may place small text files (“cookies”) on your computer for recordkeeping purposes. Among other things, cookies enable us to gather information about your activity on our websites, products, and services for the purposes of improving your online experience, remembering your preferences and settings, delivering advertising to match your preferences and interests, and for other similar customization purposes.
In addition to cookies, we may utilize web beacons, clear gifs, or other technologies built into our websites, products and services to gather information on how users interact with and utilize various features. These technologies can help personalize your usage experience and help associate your interactions with our products and services to other information within your account. For example, these technologies can identify popular pages, viewing patterns, click-through, conversion rates, and other information that can be used to improve, monitor, and operate our websites, products, and services. For greater detail on how these technologies function and how your activity records are used, please review the Google Analytics privacy disclosures at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Most internet browsers provide controls that allow users to manage or disable the placement and usage of cookies on their computer. Please note that disabling cookies may deactivate or otherwise restrict certain features on our website.
c. Social Media. Our website may include the option of integration through third party social networking sites and related social media plug-ins or applications. When you integrate or link our websites, apps, products, and services with your social media applications (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, etc.), you authorize us to have access to certain information from your social media profile (e.g., name, e-mail address, photo, gender, birthday, location, your list of friends, comments, etc.) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the integrated application. We may also obtain non-personally identifiable information (e.g., content viewed, advertising viewed, etc.) from your interaction with our integrated content.
For more information about how social networking sites handle your personal information and available
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information to:
• Present our Website and its contents to you;
• Estimate audience size and usage patterns;
• Maintain information about your preferences and customize the Website;
• Recognize you when you return to our Website;
• Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information and/or for which you provide consent (such as sending you emails or newsletters);
• Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; and/or
• Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes set forth in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
• To our affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business operations;
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (such as transmitting emails or newsletters to the email address you provided to us for that express reason);
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent;
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others.
Except as provided herein, personal information collected through the Website will not be sold or otherwise disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing (GDPR)
If the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is applicable, our legal basis for processing your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
When we have collected your personal data to provide you with products and services that you have requested, our legal basis for the processing of that personal data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. If you decline to provide us with your personal data, you may be unable to obtain the products and services from us that you requested.
We also collect and process personal information about you as necessary to operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, and/or fulfill our other legitimate interests (when not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms).
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Transfer of Information (GDPR)
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed within the United States. Additionally, we may transfer your personal information to other countries in certain circumstances, for example because a server or third party service provider is located there. BY PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, YOU ARE
CONSENTING TO ANY TRANSFER, STORAGE, AND PROCESSING IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
There are potential risks to you associated with transferring your information to the United States due to the absence of an adequacy decision and appropriate safeguards. These risks include the risk that you will not be able to exercise your data protection rights under applicable law to protect yourself from unlawful use or disclosure of your information. The data protection and privacy laws of other countries, including the United States, may not afford you the same level of protection as those in your own country.
IF YOU ARE FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION OR OTHER REGIONS WITH LAWS GOVERNING DATA
COLLECTION AND USE AND YOU PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES.
We implement and maintain physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to secure user information and prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of that information. Under our security policies and practices, access to sensitive personal information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access, and sensitive records are retained only as long as reasonably necessary for business or legal purposes. We strive to protect the user information that we collect and store, however, no security program is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose personal information. We maintain security incident response policies and procedures to handle incidents involving unauthorized access to private information we collect or store.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Right to Withdraw Consent
If you have provided your consent to the collection, processing, and transfer of your personal data, you have the right to fully or partially withdraw your consent. To withdraw your consent, please follow the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you, or contact us using the email address below.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
If you have any questions about what data we have about you, would like to withdraw your consent to our processing of your data, or would like to request changes, corrections, or deletions of any information we have about you, please contact us so that we can address your concern.